Month 10 was a busy one for Ruslan and Wyatt – so much changing and growing! The biggest development – crawling, After 2 months of only crawling backwards, Ruslan started forward motion about a week ago. And being perfectly happy to sit and play with toys and occasionally pull himself toward a toy, Wyatt suddenly started crawling 2 days later. Wyatt tends to sit back and watch Ruslan figure out how to do something and then he is ready to go a few days later.
During this past month:
- Ruslan went on his second round of antibiotics for his left ear and Wyatt got his first ear infection also in his left ear.
- They are sleeping well enough and mostly staying in one place in their cribs, so we started covering them up with a blanket.
- They each got 3 new teeth and have a total of 6 each – 4 on top and 2 on the bottom. Ruslan’s came in one a week over the past 3 weeks; Wyatt’s all cut through on one day. And Wyatt – he likes to bite.
- We stopped the mid-morning bottle so now they are down to wake-up, mid-afternoon and bedtime bottles.
- They had their first night away from home – we stayed with Scott’s parents one night while our power was out.
- We survived (barely) 4 straight days of daycare being closed for snow while I had to work and take care of them as well.
- They tried new finger foods with mixed results.
- I packed up the 9-month clothes.